Home | Zones | Log in | Register

Evangelion Themed Gaming Build

anime pc building

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
Page 1 of /1

So some friends have been nagging me to get a gaming rig so I decided to build a new one. One friend asked me what my color scheme will be. Not realizing that was a thing I just said purple and green and went about my day then he showed me the Eva-01 motherboard from ASUS. Of course I bought it. The rest of this thread will be me documenting the build process once the parts all arrive, which is projected to be Wednesday of this week.

In the mean time here is my parts list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/CaveGuy69/saved/V9BQyc

To note with the AF140 fan: the price reflects the RGB Elite but since PC Part Picker thinks it doesn’t exist I couldn’t choose it. I am tossing out the LL120s that come with the case, putting the ML120s on the radiator of the AIO, and attaching that to front of the case. I will take the AF120s that come with my AIO radiator and two of them will be case fans. One of the exhaust on the back and another coupled with an AF140 on the top of the case.

The MLs push air through radiators far better than the AFs can and the LLs are more just for the RGB show, it seems. I might use the leftover AF120 to pull air from the top of the radiator. I have no desire to use the LL120s. I might sell or give them away.

It's not there

20231202_164305.jpg

I inspected the motherboard for the known issues that ASUS has corrected but just doing my due diligence. ASUS would have replaced it for me no problem, though. No issues, it was made after they fixed the manufacturing issues.

Still has no right to look this ridiculous. And it lights up.

It's not there

are you going to tell your cpu to get in the damn socket?

Finely Aged Username

are you going to tell your cpu to get in the damn socket?

I wish I could afford the AIO cooler themed with this motherboard because it has a little CRT looking screen that is a small LCD screen and it covers the fan for the pumo. You can literally have it loop a gif of Shinji crying on it. I want it so bad.

It's not there

Btw everyone, I suck utter shit at videogames so maybe I might get better or I’ll be laughably shitty forever, but at this point I don’t care, I just want to fucking game. It’s been too long.

It's not there

It's not there

Computer parts have gone beyond their function and it’s so stupid and insane, who would have though there’d be fucking LCD screens on our fucking CPU cooler pumps?

It's not there

Those most disappointing video card ever just arrived. Luckily I don’t have any experience with anything before it except 20 years ago so it won’t disappoint me.

This box is bizarre as fuck and I am afraid to open it, but I probably should to inspect it. RAM and the AF140 fan are arriving today, also. Also, the keyboard is here and I think I am going to put these Evangelion themed keys on it. Pics of that after I am done.

Then the AIO Cooler for the GPU shows up on Wednesday with the fans I ordered for the radiator (so the fans it comes with will become my case fans, the AIO was a lot cheaper because they sold it with the wrong fans, wtf Corsair, at least tell people about it instead me using my autism to research it).

❧ Edited by Que Ver at 2023-12-04 16:21:182023-12-04 16:21
It's not there

Work in progress.
20231204_120034.jpg

It's not there

It is done.

20231204_123919.jpg

It's not there

Friend told me to get a bigger power supply and convinced me, so I got 1000W of power.

It's not there

I have done a minimal amount of gaming on my crappy Laptop from 2019 and only 4gb of RAM. The trackball moue slaps. Don’t want to use another mouse again.

It's not there

Anyone wanting to an AIO liquid cooler for their CPU, be aware that all the major brands get their radiators, hoses, and pumps from the same company, Asetek or whatever. They just end up putting their own bgranded pump housings and fans on them. Beware of Corsair’s AIO fans they are selling, now. I went the Corsair route and that’s why I’ve been second guessing my fan situation so much. The LL120s that come with my case are meant for light shows more than real cooling. The AF’s that come with the Corsair AIO coolers are great case fans but they have no static pressure so they are not ideal when trying to push air through a radiator. Apparently Corsair is having issues with their ML fans and they are hard to find sometimes, but you can buy them now. My Corsair AIO arrives tomorrow with 3 ML120 fans. I have an AF140 fan for case exhaust on the top I will pairwith one of the AF120s that comes with the AIO cooler. Then another one will be the back exhaust. The third one I might put as a pull fan on the radiator near the top or just have an extra fan laying around. I’m lazy so I will probably go the latter.

Yeah, the RGB on the front of my case won’t look that fancy with that beveled ring around the fan lighting up and doing weird lighting stuff. I’d rather my fans be more focused on function than form and the minimal RGB lighting of the AFs and MLs is perfect if not over the top. Next system I build there will be no RGB if I can help it.

I’m such an autistic idiot.

It's not there

I should have just gotten a much cheaper GPU

It's not there

Building has commenced, everything is here. Just replaced the fans that came with the case and added three more for exhaust. The new fans have the static pressure to actually push air through the radiator. The ones that came with the case did not and are more LED than fan which is bullshit.

It's not there

20231206_174842.jpg
20231206_174816.jpg

That went in too easy the motherboard is gonna be a bitch, now. I thought I was gonna make it easy, nah. Oops. I’ll take it back out if I have to but I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

It's not there

20231206_225440.jpg

It's not there

It turned on amd booted into the BIOS!!! Now to install Windows and all the fan and LED control software that is open source (FanControl and OpenRGB) so I can get rid of the rainbow puke.

20231207_015500.jpg

It's not there

20231207_142226.jpg

20231207_142226.jpg

20231207_142258.jpg

20231207_142306.jpg

It's not there

I just played Cyberpunk 2077 for a few hours and warm air was being blown out by the exhaust fans and when I exited the game and hopped on here, all of a sudden cold air is coming out of the exhaust. I love this thing, and to think I put it together correctly the first time and it started up with that first button press and the ONLY issue was needing to calm the RAM down a bit and this thing runs so stable. AI overclocking is amazing, too. This is where AI shines, when it comes to optimizing systems. Also given the small amount of power draw the GPU uses and how cool it runs even when under load, this thing will keep up with the NVIDIA patches for years.

It's not there

I added some pull fans on the radiator because I needed to provide more positive pressure inside the case, and that helped a lot. I put two on there. Then put a non-LED fan on the back exhaust so it doesn’t reflect and cover up the holographic Eva-01 LED display on the motherboard.

It's not there

Did some better cable management over the motherboard, shoved two more fans in there, so now the corner of the case by the front is just a jumbled mess of cables. Got the colors for the RGB looking good. Looks way better in person.

20231214_002015.jpg
20231214_002016.jpg
20231214_002020.jpg
20231214_002027.jpg
20231214_002054.jpg
20231214_002057.jpg

It's not there

Also, having a lot of fun getting back into vidya games.

It's not there

I’m starting to push my system to overclock it. I got the RAM screaming at a good speed for no reason. I have unlocked the processor to reach 5.0 ghz in the P-cores.

I was thinking about replacing my GPU but the 4070 FE is pretty damn good and runs everything in 1440p perfectly, and that’s what my monitor is. Maybe if I get a big 4K TV I’ll upgrade, but for now it’s a beast for everything on this monitor.

❧ Edited by Que Ver at 2024-01-01 02:52:15Jan 1 02:52
It's not there

I have this amazing system and the most fun I have is playing Quake III like I’m in middle school again. What a solid multiplayer FPS for deathmatch and team stuff.

It's not there

So Cyberpunk2077 was giving me mad migraines I had to do something about it. Decided to overclock my system a bit more and get the GPU screaming. I narrowed my FPS frequency differences (going from max FPS of 144 but withmy low end being under 10, sometimes as low as 5) so that wide variety of refresh rates has been hell on my eyes and brain. Last night I went hard and dialed it in using many different benchmark programs to tediously and meticulously test everything and Cyberpunk2077 is great because if you think you have your system stable it won’t work properly and it will kill the game and dump your open programs out of your RAM before things get dangerous for the hardware. Ended up getting the FPS to be between 50-70. I was able to dump 8 straight hours into CyberPunk2077 without realizing it. The game looks almost real at times, it runs so smooth, and no more migraines!

I went and told the PM discord guys who I used to play games with and their response was to shame me for β€œoverclocking a brand new system” and why I couldn’t just be happy with what I have. But like, I am happy with what I have, I am making it work for ME. I love this computer even more, now, I don’t even want to upgrade anything anymore. With how drivers for GPUs being more of an upgrade than they used to be these days, and the this 4070 FE is going to last me for a good while.

❧ Edited by Que Ver at 2024-01-14 08:15:42Jan 14 08:15
It's not there

And the best part after I dialed everything in and got all the hardware working harmoniously together?

I got way more performance, yes. But it gets better. Everything runs a lot cooler AND sucks less power somehow. I didn’t mess with voltages at all.

It's not there
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1
1 person is reading this thread now.
← Thread List | ↑ Top