Home | Zones | Log in | Register

Any zoners play FF XIV?

addiction ffxiv glam mistakes mmorpg

Nobody

Final Fantasy XIV Complete was on sale today so I finally picked up a copy after hearing several friends talk about how much they liked it. Any zoners play? How fucked am I for progression if I can only dedicate four to six hours a week to it?

Trying too hard

14 is the best mmo

you’re in for a bit of a slog your first time around unfortunately. 47-50 is particularly brutal and the stormblood expac is almost entirely hot garbage with annoying music to boot

that said tho, heavensward and shadowbringers are hands down THE best final fantasy game in the entire series. shadowbringers especially. it’s not even a contest

i can offer tips and stuff if you want. i love the game and play it a lot

i didn't learn nothin

as for progression, you’re not really that fucked. just play through the main story and when you get locked out queue for dungeons or do FATEs

i didn't learn nothin

ff14 has the best story of any ff game. a realm reborn is a slow burn, i feel like they didn’t quite know the best way to handle the onboarding process for new players while also catering to people that had played 1.0. but FF14 at its worst is still like, any other FF Game at its best. the conclusions of heavensward and shadowbringers are A+++

stunt failed

I just started last week myself after recovering my old account, playing as a Pugilist. I do appreciate that the game has a “recommended” window to show you things you can do.

How do the FFXIV players feel about how SquareEnix is dealing with the queuing and disconnection problems after this expansion released?

Trying too hard

they’re giving out 3 weeks of free time in response which is kinda nice and unexpected. they’ve temporarily stopped the free trial and also purchases of the game lol

as far as the issues… like yeah having a 5k+ queue at prime time that would reset when you got close to getting in was annoying but if you just played at true gamer hours (1am) then it was a queue of 50 people instead

My partner is on gilgamesh, so I get to see the frustration this is causing first hand on a daily basis. They have been playing during off hours though.

Trying too hard

if you try to login from like 5pm-12am EST you’re kidding yourself but the rest of the time it seems passable

there’s definitely been 2-3 times I’ve sat down to play and changed my mind at a 2k queue but I have finished the Endwalker MSQ now so it’s fine

They tried to log in around 8:30 AM Eastern time and the queue was under 300, so that seems to track.

Trying too hard

come join us on pso2 where our biggest problem is too few players xD

it’s comical how much more successful ffxiv is (likely deservedly)

bird on skateboard

Isn’t there also some sort of problem with minerals?

Trying too hard

Isn’t there also some sort of problem with minerals?

iirc they had crappy spawn rates but they changed it so everything respawns every day? i forgot

much bigger problem was a lack of content. they just dropped a big patch which adds a ton of stuff but for the 6 months after launch there was very little added, which kinda killed the player base

and ffxiv’s expansion getting delayed made it come out at the same time so it’s just another nail in the pso2 coffin xD
for real tho i see a lot more players on so i’m hopeful

bird on skateboard

I thought the biggest problem was they launched with no content, touted a big winter update, and it’s more of the same empty content that everyone will be done with in 2 weeks’ time

Finely Aged Username

I thought the biggest problem was they launched with no content, touted a big winter update, and it’s more of the same empty content that everyone will be done with in 2 weeks’ time

more or less yeah. seems like they are gonna focus on leveling content and try to push out more in between major updates.

i played summoner in base pso2 and it was supposed to come out in spring but looks like its gonna get delayed to do leveling shit instead

bird on skateboard
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top