Home | Zones | Log in | Register

what is the latest game youre playing

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
First PageFirst | Previous PagePrev | Page 3 of /9 | Next PageNext | Last PageLast

sea of thieves stress test rn
lots of fun

bird on skateboard

barbeques, tea kettles, and gobs of axle grease
there comes a time when every man must sail the seas of thieves

high impact

PUYO
U
Y
O

TETRIS

Edited by meepches and pentell at 2018-03-08 01:12:042018-03-08 01:12
⛧twinkle⛧star⛧sprites⛧

enter the breach is FUcken Sick

typhy

been completely lost in subnautica the past couple days
it owns so hard

high impact

update: still playing subnautica

high impact

got in some good games with yams we won the round

here we go

update: subnautica kinda started to lose me a bit in the endgame, i’m not finding it as compelling once you make the prawn suit and are forced to confront some of your biggest fears up to that point and realize that they’re not actually as dangerous as you thought they were

also the longer i play that one save file, the worse the game’s performance got, to the point that i actually had to jump my settings down one level across the board

so now i’m back on that hollow knight / skyrim kick

high impact

persona 5 (ps3) and gradius 3 (snes)

both really good i recommend both of them highly

purple

i love splatoon

Been obsessively burning all my free time with Monster Hunter World.

Not A Cannibal

Been obsessively burning all my free time with Monster Hunter World.

i’m waiting for the PC port so my husband and i can play together (we only have 1 ps4)

so for now it’s a mix of like, daggerfall and minecraft

high impact

Just finished fatal frame tonight. I’ve only been between 10 pm and 2 am, and I really think it helps the experience.

Although that being said playing alone in a dark room really isn’t too different from what I do with any other game…

Now play crimson butterfly

high impact

I’ve been into duskers lately
it’s really awesome. picture a cross between Hacknet and XCOM set in a dead version of the Alien universe

you pilot drones using a text interface and rudimentary blotchy video feeds and schematics, docking with derelict ships looking for scrap and trying to find out why everyone else is dead

and you’re not alone

high impact

trailer

high impact

I’ve been playing Master of Magic a lot recently, it’s an old DOS game that’s basically a Civilizationt type game but with wizards, so you’re learning and casting spells to buff your units, summon creatures, deal damage and other effects in battle, cast spells on a city to benefit (or curse) it and it’s inhabitants, and bigass overland enchantments that affect every player in the game.

It’s got some insane replayability with all the different builds you can make.

woah, i’m pretty sure i’ve played that

high impact

been playing Endless Space 2 again
very relaxing 4X game
i love how the different factions have such different gameplay. my favorite are the tree people who root up the galaxy and take over systems via ‘pacifism’

bird on skateboard

i just started playing this game called “minion masters”

i’m told that it’s “like clash royale” but it’s for PC instead i guess

for $5 it’s been fun enough i guess

stunt failed

I think it’s on GOG for a few bucks but you can also find it on many abandonware sites, I nabbed it from here (it comes with it’s own DOSbox setup so it’s pretty simple to get running)
https://gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-magic

been playing Endless Space 2 again
very relaxing 4X game
i love how the different factions have such different gameplay. my favorite are the tree people who root up the galaxy and take over systems via ‘pacifism’

love 4x

high impact

I think it’s on GOG for a few bucks but you can also find it on many abandonware sites, I nabbed it from here (it comes with it’s own DOSbox setup so it’s pretty simple to get running)
https://gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-magic

yeah i picked it up on GOG. i like that it runs on linux as well! didn’t expect that for a dos-era game

i found it kind of confusing until i read the manual and turned the difficulty up to normal so i could turn off the grand vizier (which wasn’t building anything i wanted it to) and make a custom wizard (which is super awesome)

my favorite 4X game is galactic civilizations 2, which lets you build custom races as well as build custom spaceships from component parts based on what you’ve researched and unlocked. so anything customizable is great

i’m having difficulty with taking over lairs, like, at all. i think i need a much larger military to really pull it off

super fun though and i’m digging the soundtrack

high impact

i just started playing this game called “minion masters”

i’m told that it’s “like clash royale” but it’s for PC instead i guess

for $5 it’s been fun enough i guess

you were kicking ass at it last night, really fun to watch

high impact

i’m having difficulty with taking over lairs, like, at all. i think i need a much larger military to really pull it off

super fun though and i’m digging the soundtrack

yeah clearing lairs/nodes was my biggest struggle with learning the game, it doens’t help that the scout report only gives you a name - is it one pack of war bears or 6? is it 2 ghouls or 8 ghouls with a freaking demon that’s harder than all of them combined? I’d recommend saving and going in anyway to scope out what’s actually in there and reloading after

early on you can probably take lairs containing 2-3 war bears/2-4 skeletons+ghouls/1-2 sprites (not at nature nodes though, they’re buffed and scary there)/1-2 guardian spirits/ x amount of phantom warriors (if you bring some ranged firepower) without too much difficulty - just bring 3-4 units and buff them with whatever you’ve got

Corruption of Champions

high impact

tugs at collar and looks around wh-whats that one about?

⛧twinkle⛧star⛧sprites⛧

its about fucking furries

typhy

in case you didn’t know

typhy

its about fucking furries

that’s all I need to hear

back into Path of Exile again, new league launched the other day and it’s been pretty sweet so far

im playing game “CELESTE”, a good game for gamers with excellent music

User imgay will return and boost this post one day

hi

finally i can get a nude Sig mod

guess we’re swapping

stardew multiplayer is pretty fun

bird on skateboard

チッコ hows your website going

im playing game “CELESTE”, a good game for gamers with excellent music

User imgay will return and boost this post one day

hi

the chosen times, we bear witness

high impact

i got warhammer vermintide 2 and its cool i can be a crazy cat lady wizard except instead of obsessed with cats shes obsessed with fire

Edited by meepches and pentell at 2018-06-05 02:06:122018-06-05 02:06
⛧twinkle⛧star⛧sprites⛧

MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS

typhy

MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS MARIO TENNIS

stunt failed

currently playing with my thumbs as a fan in my laptop is failing and making horrendous noise and needs to be dealt with

just working up the nerve to pull it all apart in order to get to it, so paranoid about breaking something

ive been experimenting with minecraft mods

played thaumcraft for quite a while then got a bit soured on it

now ive been learning botania

high impact

mini reviews:

thaumcraft 5 is a great mod that’s closer to a total conversion than a simple addition. it centers largely around “aspects” which it assigns like elemental properties to nearly every item, block, and mob. it also leans heavily on an “aura” mechanic where chunks have aspected energy that flows around from place to place and powers a lot of your magic and mechanisms.

because it’s so involved, with an in depth research game to unlock more magical theory, 3 new kinds of crafting, not to mention the essentia management, it has a tendency to be an end in and of itself which still necessitates some vanilla actions to get started but later replaces them entirely with mod-specific tasks and objectives

botania, in sharp contrast to this, is a flexible and minimalist tech mod masquerading as a magic mod. it revolves around generating “mana” (power resource) and crafting using naturally spawning flowers and materials converted from wood and stone. it eschews pipes and wires in favor of directly linking machines together with a wand to fire mana “bursts” through the air

even though it has 2 new crafting methods (runic altars and the petal apothecary), and unlike Thaumcraft, all botania-specific actions are conducted in world rather than through guis, which is a nice immersive touch

furthermore, if botania gets to a point where it replaces vanilla actions, i havent hit it yet. it seeks to add a bunch of cool toys to your toy box rather than replacing them. a lot of the fun is had through using botania items to augment automation you could already do with redstone, but really kick it up a notch

it also adds quite a lot of really nice looking decorative blocks

as such, players looking for a more directed experience would probably enjoy thaumcraft, whereas redstone wizards and those looking to build beautiful buildings will probably prefer botania

it’s worth noting that both mods are riddled with typos and grammatical errors. botania also loves anime references. it’s really put of place

Edited by applebaps at 2018-06-05 15:53:092018-06-05 15:53
high impact

if youre going to pick up either mod, i recommend acquiring them directly from their respective sites and setting up forge for them, rather than using a mod pack. packs often contain other random things and the mod versions are usually outdated

in particular, Simply Magic (which tries to be an intro to all major magic mods) is 2 versions behind on Thaumcraft and idk how many on Botania

high impact

チッコ hows your website going

not bad. i finally added a big new feature (PMs, not done yet but mostly working)
i feel like we had more organic posting in the public zones that kind of died off recently but i still have hopes

i got warhammer vermintide 2 and its cool i can be a crazy cat lady wizard except instead of obsessed with cats shes obsessed with fire

i played this for a bit, its fun with friends. i also played the fire woman and blasted dudes with my laser staff.
ultimately the lack of real MMO-like mechanics kind of bothered me. it’s more like left 4 dead or something i guess (never played l4d) but i would like something like more PSO. i want healing and stuff

bird on skateboard

vermintide 2 is ok

i personally dont much care for the feel of the weapons, and i encountered enough gamebreaking bugs on release that i felt burned by the purchase and stopped playing

maybe eventually itll be better with patches

also needs more content, and ai manager tweaks to make it feel less samey

but nothing else is really scratching the l4d itch so it’s a good effort

high impact

The new humble monthly seems pretty good. HOI4 and Blackwake. I paused last months because destiny 2 seemed awful.

Big Spud
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top