Home | Zones | Log in | Register

what is the latest game youre playing

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
First PageFirst | Previous PagePrev | Page 5 of /9 | Next PageNext | Last PageLast

man, that takes me back
and yeah i’ve never been much good at RTSes in a human competitive sense
i always played them for the campaigns

dum thirsty hors

a friend of mine bought me tekken 7 so when i get some free time im going to try and learn that

theres like no resources online now that arent youtube videos or forum posts for fighting games anymore

what happened to wikis

those were the days

⛧twinkle⛧star⛧sprites⛧

You don’t get ad revenue and patreon bucks for editing a free wiki

stunt failed

I dunno, some wikis are overrun with ads and shitty owners trying to squeeze as much money out of the content as they can

that may be true, but the people that contribute the content usually don’t see any of that

stunt failed

man, that takes me back

I always just played custom maps (UMS in Starcraft)
I never even played the campaigns properly
but I’m finally doing that for the first time and it’s a ton of fun
almost done with the Zerg campaign in vanilla SC

also fuck wikia, it’s such a cash grab

bird on skateboard

man, that takes me back

I always just played custom maps (UMS in Starcraft)
I never even played the campaigns properly
but I’m finally doing that for the first time and it’s a ton of fun
almost done with the Zerg campaign in vanilla SC

also fuck wikia, it’s such a cash grab

yea to all of this

dum thirsty hors

just picked up Torchlight 2, I had a lot of fun playing Fate ages ago so it’s good to continue on with the same sort of formula only better and refined (I’m loving the Pet shopping list addition)

rolled an Outlander, currently using Shotguns with Rapid Fire as my main skill. I picked Hard mode and it’s been a challenge but not too overwhelming so far.

i’ve been picking up The Long Dark again recently
the Vigilant Flame update overhauled the cooking mechanics, and as much as i love the direction it’s taking the game, the initial launch of the overhaul had some weird bugs and issues
they’ve hotfixed a lot of it so i’m back on my shit

i mostly like to play on Interloper difficulty but this weekend i started working on actually completing some of the challenges, since i haven’t done any of those yet
almost done with Nomad, gonna finish it up tonight after work

update: i did it!

Edited by applebaps at 2018-10-25 19:29:192018-10-25 19:29
dum thirsty hors

i just discovered The Dark Mod http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/

it’s a fan-made rebuilding of the classic Thief engine, with heavy support for fan missions and mods. basically Thief without the Thief branding. i downloaded the client and a few missions to test it out so tonight that’s what i’m all about

i also grabbed the Sneaky Upgrade fan patch collection for thief 3 (deadly shadows), which makes the game WAY better in a variety of ways https://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-3-sneaky-upgrade

i actually liked thief 3 when it came out regardless, but i can’t deny the sneaky upgrade makes it a much much better game, on par with 1 and 2 without question. so once i’ve messed around in dark mod for a bit, i’ll probably start replaying thief 3 again

inevitably though i know this will all end with me just replaying thief 2 lmao >_>

Edited by applebaps at 2018-10-25 19:33:072018-10-25 19:33
dum thirsty hors

Tetris Effect (2018) is the greatest game of all time

Been playing Deltarune, Toby Fox’s latest game (demo). If you liked Undertale and somehow haven’t heard of it - go check it out now.

red dead redemption 2

it’s a good game but the control is really sloppy

world of warcraft

been playing:
bad north
pokeman
dungeon of the endless

bird on skateboard

also i think i finally got system shock 2 multiplayer working… maybe…

bird on skateboard

MTG Arena owns. If anyone wants to battle lets do it.

Big Spud

just started on Epic Battle Fantasy 5 which was just released this morning.

so far it’s a big improvement on EBF4 (which was already great and I’ve said as mich earlier in this thread), lots of new status effects and mechanics and things added which I just know is gonna add another whole layer of complexity and strategy which is exactly what I love about this series so damn much. Music so far is great too.

oh, and I’ve also got a spare 20% off steam voucher as well so if there’s any RPG fans who want to give it a shot let me know and I’ll be glad to hook you up =)

does it still look like early 2000s newgrounds anime

⛧twinkle⛧star⛧sprites⛧

yes, but more refined? I dunno, it’s the same cutesy style it’s always been

epic battle fantasy owns

have fun :) I’d get it but I’m trying to save for a switch and pokeman

Hollow knight is the dark souls of metroidvanias and I say this without a trace of irony

finally got around to playing Celeste, and I’m glad I did. It’s been really good so far, and I love the first chapter’s tune. Despite it being maddeningly frustrating at times I did enjoy playing Jumper along with LUE back in the day, and An Untitled Story kicks ass so I have high hopes for this game.

Update: So right now I’m stuck on Chapter 7’s B-Side, right at the final stretch. Fuck the devs so god damn much for introducing a new mechanic right there, I cannot for the life of me get the timing right on this dash wall jump thing, and I gotta do it twice in a row perfectly.

I dread the rest of this level and what’s to come in the final post-game chapter, my fingers are killing me >_<

Edited by iforgotnmyname at 2019-01-08 09:18:392019-01-08 09:18

playing Castlevania:SoTN on my PSP

currently grinding a second Heaven’s sword from the one secret room in the Clock Tower

I don’t need a second really, but I want it. Apparently using two at once is pretty awesome and I’ve never tried it before

edit: fuck it just gamesharked a second one in I have no time for that shit anymore >_>

Edited by iforgotnmyname at 2019-01-28 02:54:522019-01-28 02:54

going through the Spyro trilogy now (I know they just made a remake but it’s not out on steam yet iirc)

I’ve 100%’d 1, and just moved on to 2. Think 2 would be my favourite of them all, can’t even really say why.

all about civ 6 on the switch these days

dum thirsty hors

Playing Re7

game on gamer

Mario kart 8

blep

Playing Re7

watching him play re7, backseat driving

dum thirsty hors

all about civ 6 on the switch these days

Playing Re7

Mario kart 8

final fantasy 9

dum thirsty hors

hollow knight secret area

<spoiler>

did the super meat boy palace, still need to do the last colosseum fight and the DLC boss

</spoiler>

picked up MHW again, beat pink rath and bazelguese, fighting nergigante

still carrying on with the OG Spyro trilogy, just started 3 tonight

what I wish I was playing though is the new Hollow Knight game Team Cherry just dropped a trailer for.

I am SO fucking hyped for that it looks awesome

started Legend of Mana last night - it’s freaking beautiful, some nice spritework and kickass music too

started with Daggers but found a 2HSword that way overshadowed them in terms of damage so now I’m just slaughtering the hell out of everything with that instead

had a peek at a crafting FAQ and holy moly there’s a fuckton of complex mechanics that are literally not explained or alluded by the game at all o_o

i’ve been HELLA into zachtronics games lately (shenzhen i/o, infinifactory, tis-100, opus magnum)

really love the stiff challenge

dum thirsty hors

borderlands 2 with mah lil brother I’m being melee zero and he’s being elemental Maya, the exact opposite of what we normally do

I just got star fox 64. my 3ds is damaged and I have a blind spot. it’s a strange challenge to not have full view of the radar and the upper left portion of the screen

that’s a good one

i’ve been HELLA into zachtronics games lately (shenzhen i/o, infinifactory, tis-100, opus magnum)

really love the stiff challenge

what is zachtronic?

zachtronics is a company (originally one guy named Zach but it’s a decent size now and Zach himself doesn’t run the business side of it) that makes puzzle games

http://www.zachtronics.com/

generally they’re games that involve using a set of intermediate tools or machines or code, to make things from component parts, or break them down and put them back together differently, or something

they’re also called esoteric programming games

two of them (tis-100 and shenzen i/o) literally have their own made up assembly language that the game revolves around

opus magnum is about alchemy, bonding alchemical marbles together into patterns using rotational arms

spacechem is like that too but with grabbers on a track and you’re making chemicals

exapunks is about programming viruses

infinifactory has you welding blocks together and moving stuff around on conveyors

Edited by applebaps at 2019-02-22 21:57:592019-02-22 21:57
dum thirsty hors

they also made Infiniminer, which was the main inspiration for minecraft

dum thirsty hors

jumped back into NetHack, it’s been years since I played but after a few false starts I’ve got back into the swing of it and got a decent run going

Lawful Dwarven Valk currently sitting at the cleared out Sokoban Zoo. So far I have achieved: Excalibur, 5 AC of protection, 3x BoH, Blessed Luck and Touchstones, maxed luck, co-aligned minetown altar, a dozen bottles of holy water and have two max-level Housecats (named Trix and Trax, one of which was my starter even) accompanying me.

So far, so good. Having said that, I’m expecting a YASD any moment now. My worst mistake so far is quaffing a blessed !oGA while wearing a ring of sustain ability. Derp. I expect to be making more idiotic mistakes shortly.

EDIT: aaaand I got murdered by a Wand of Death by some asshole Sargeant in Fort Ludios, fuck. Everything was going so well.

it also sucked because there was an altar + priest on the same level as the portal. I was getting hard thinking about all the AC I’d get from protection money + BUCing all that armour

Edited by iforgotnmyname at 2019-03-17 01:02:082019-03-17 01:02

yeah that sounds about right lol

dum thirsty hors

lol nice
i’ve played nethack on and off since i was like 10 and never beaten it

bird on skateboard

i had a dream i bought a switch.

i wanna play octopath traveler

Big Spud

i’ve beaten nethack precisely once in 20+ years of playing it, with a lawful human valkyrie

basically just everything went right for once, it was a once in a lifetime run where things just lined up perfectly every step of the way

dum thirsty hors

nice

I’ve beaten it only a handful of times, a Valk or two, a Wizard or two and I think a Samurai? I can’t recall, but it’s not a lot, and every time I either had lots of wishes/good luck/abused polypiling to a massive degree

not to mention I did read literally all the spoilers out there and several guides which helped immensely as well

yeah I gave up on playing unspoiled after about 10 years and it helped a lot lmao

dum thirsty hors

been playing Baba Is You, it owns
makes you feel both dumb and smart

bird on skateboard

what’s that one

dum thirsty hors
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top