Home | Zones | Log in | Register

what is the latest game youre playing

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
First PageFirst | Previous PagePrev | Page 6 of /9 | Next PageNext | Last PageLast

it’s kind of like sokoban but you push around blocks that change the rules of the game
so like baba is the main character and you 3 blocks that are baba, is, you next to each other which means you control baba. but (depending on the level) you can change it to ‘wall is you’ instead and now you’re controlling the walls. there’s all kinds of properties you can mess with and the puzzles are very mind-bending
also there’s a reverse time button so if you push a block into a wall accidentally you can just undo it ez
it’s hard to explain but the trailer does a good job. i’m not a huge fan of sokoban style games but this one is different

bird on skateboard

woah what the heck, that sounds cool

dum thirsty hors

baba is the main character and you 3 blocks that are baba, is, you next to each other which means you control baba.

you alway bab babacum

⛧twinkle⛧star⛧sprites⛧

woah what the heck, that sounds cool

oh, it’s not a video game but on the forums here some friends and i have been playing vampire the masquerade. i’m storytelling, it’s a blast

dum thirsty hors

hooray I did it
ascension.jpg

oh shit! daaaaamn

dum thirsty hors

thanks =), despite being as super-prepared and buffed up as I was there, you can still lose runs at the last moment so it’s always a nerve-wracker

yeah the astral plane can really catch you out

dum thirsty hors

nice! good job

bird on skateboard

Capture.PNG

dum thirsty hors

started playing horizon zero dawn

it’s so goddamn good, i’m pissed that i didn’t try it sooner

whass that smelllll

im playing octopath

Big Spud

been really into DJMAX Respect lately, on PS4

i put like a thousand hours into DJMAX Emotional Sense on PC back in the day and at least dabbled in Portable 1, Portable 2, and Black Square, though some of the magic was lost for me when Emotional Sense shut down

Respect is amazing. it’s kind of an anthology game, with every single Portable 1 & 2 track (which is basically most of Emotional Sense’s original track list) plus 40 more new ones. you can get clazziquai, portable 3, black square, trilogy, technika 1, 2, and 3 as DLC but like, if you want to get everything it’s expensive as hell just fyi

they also make a really really cool but suuuuuuuper expensive controller for Respect, with the trademark two turntables and something like 12 buttons. but it’s like over three hundred bucks so that’s probably not happening for me any time soon lol. in any case the game is very playable and fun on a regular controller, and people play it at the very highest level that way. (see:

)

the game has some really fantastic music. the new tracks for Respect are far and away some of the best in the series and that’s coming from someone with HEAVY nostalgia for the old classic stuff lol.

here’s a few samples

tok! tok! tok! (technically from tapsonic top, neowiz’s mobile rhythm game)

bullet, wanted!

killer bee

lift you up

people basically only post themselves playing it on the highest difficulties but the game is extremely accessible, way more than its closest equivalent, Beatmania IIDX. the game scales all the way down to 4 button mode and all the way up to 8 button, then two more hidden modes above that, 10 and 12 button. though the note charts are set up in a way that respects the PS4 controller’s limitations. for instance, you’ll never be asked to press left and right at the same time

here’s a 4B song, “let’s go baby”. this is one from the original game, though here it’s credited as being from Portable 1. also showcased here is DJMAX’s obsession with lesbians. seriously like every other song’s video is about gay girls lol it’s great

“let’s go baby” on 4B normal is a 2-star song. stars go from 1 to 15, with generally pretty big jumps in difficulty at 6 and 11 stars. any song can be played on any button mode, and usually there will be at least two difficulties available within that mode. so like, let’s go baby can be played on normal or hard in 4B, normal or hard in 5B, 6B, etc. sometimes there’s also a “Maximum” difficulty of a particular chart, sometimes there’s ONLY a “normal”, it varies. but there’s a looooooooooot of songs and difficulties and button modes. anyone can start getting into it somewhere

oh! and that reminds me. a lot of the older videos were in like, 240p resolution lmao. that’s how old Emotional Sense (the original game) is. so they went through and painstakingly redrew literally every old video

also distinct from IIDX is a “freestyle combo system” where basically you’re allowed to hit buttons that aren’t coming in as notes, and it doesn’t break your combo. the timing window is also fairly generous in that you can hit stuff wide to either side on the note’s proper timing and it won’t technically break your combo. however, it does sharply curtail your score unless you hit the notes dead on. so you can generally jump in really easily but there’s lots of room to get really really good

fuckin game owns. like, it’s just really good

Edited by The Applebaps of Video Games at 2019-04-29 21:44:212019-04-29 21:44
whass that smelllll

one of the other distinctive things about DJMAX as a series is the unlockable gear/notes. fulfilling certain requirements gives you access to a good selection of different “gears” (the playing field on which the notes come in, including the score and life display, etc) and the notes themselves, which can be anything from straightforward bars to stuff like cats and eggs if you wanna get weird with it

you can also freely set the speed at which notes come in at you, even adjust it on the fly during gameplay. there’s a “Fever” mechanic that’s basically just a straight up multiplier to your score that’s kinda like star power except without the healing. triggering it repeatedly steps up the multiplier through 2x, 3x, 4x, then 5x, and doing it again before it runs out at that level just renews the 5x multiplier. you can turn this off entirely or set it to automatically go on its own if you want. you can also set various “faders” and “chaos” settings to fuck with yourself to make the game way harder, like having notes disappear partway down the field, or only appear when they’re close to the line, or making it so the speed of the track increases endlessly as it goes

also if you’re coming from more modern rhythm games, stuff based on instruments like guitar hero or rock band, you should know that DJMAX is of the old school. there’s not a backing track that stops or starts based on whether you hit the notes. it’s more that the notes themselves PLAY the track, or parts of it. and your timing determines whether the song sounds like crap or not. it’ll definitely beat a good sense of spot-on rhythm into you quickly lol. also there’s no quick healing mechanic like star power, here. every missed note (“break”) will cost you huge chunks of your life, and you only get that life back by playing many many notes with good timing. no shortcuts, play the song or fail out

Edited by The Applebaps of Video Games at 2019-04-29 21:28:242019-04-29 21:28
whass that smelllll

im gaming on a smw romhack called jump/12

trapped in the zohar

playing dark souls remastered blind

bird on skateboard

i hope u have a good surround sound setup lul

took me a sec XD

bird on skateboard

lol

whass that smelllll

i’m really enjoying playing Rust at the moment

From: The Applebaps of Video Games at 2019-05-13 21:51:36

lol

game on gamer

on mobile:
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Girls Frontline
on PS4:
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
God of War
Disgaea 5
on Switch:
Final Fantasy VIII
Undertale
on PC:
Fallout New Vegas modded
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC
Katana ZERO
Thimbleweed Park

i’m not going to finish any of them am i
i’ll probably sooner die

default (riot) default

forgot Dragon Quest XI and now Caravan Stories
edit: Caravan Stories is garbage and I uninstalled twenty minutes later

Edited by Figuring Control at 2019-09-15 08:59:402019-09-15 08:59
default (riot) default

Pokémon Gold Version, slowly but surely. Currently inside the rocket hideout near Lake of Rage with Lance

From: The Applebaps of Video Games at 2019-04-24 00:19:46

People stopped talking about this

Pokémon Gold Version, slowly but surely. Currently inside the rocket hideout near Lake of Rage with Lance

The Pokemon has spoken.

default (riot) default

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

dark souls → mario maker → wow classic

bird on skateboard

Fallout 3 → Fallout New Vegas → Fallout 4 → Fallout 76 → Fallout New Vegas

default (riot) default

The other day I noticed a game called Hacknet in my steam library.

So far it’s pretty fun. Basically it’s a puzzle game where you can’t use much more than a command prompt.

hacknet owns a lot imo
i love how central the command prompt is to the experience, it feels much more like Serious Movie Hacking than say, Uplink did

in fact, if you’re fast enough, during That One Sequence

<spoiler>

where someone hacks you back and deletes your GUI, you can actually stop it from happening if you can identify the job that’s doing it and kill the process with typed commands lol

</spoiler>

Cancel Me Elmo

just finished the Shadowbringers expansion story in ff14

easily the best story the FF series has ever done, easily the strongest writing I’ve ever seen in a jrpg much less an mmo

Cancel Me Elmo

startin a minecraft bedrock SMP realm with some friends

Cancel Me Elmo

I recently finished Hacknet, which showed up in my steam library at an unknown date. It’s a short, story-heavy puzzle game, and I recommend it.

it’s cause breath of the wild came out like 3 days later lmao

it’s SUCH a good game though. between botw and hzd i think hzd is actually the better game overall, which is nuts to say because botw was very good. and also because prior to hzd, the dev team was mostly known for the killzone series which is not very good lol

Edited by Applebaps at 2019-10-03 18:23:552019-10-03 18:23
Cancel Me Elmo

nethack.PNG

I have achieved gamer greatness

which one is you

Cancel Me Elmo

started playing ep1 of Ciconia When They Cry, the newest VN from 07th Expansion.

I’m really fascinated by the world that this is setting up. It’s a futuristic post-WW3 scenario with an eerily realistic take on the natural progression of current-day politics, but also with a bunch of crazy Black Mirror esque high tech stuff like brain hacking and environmental nanomachines that merge VR space into real life, and ascended beings that can predict the future or some shit… and the main characters are all very likeable and they all have Ryukishi’s style of character writing that just works really well at getting me emotionally invested somehow.

I’m a bit more than half way through ep1 and it’s already got me as into it as Higurashi and Umineko did.

oh shit i had no idea that was out
gonna read it

bird on skateboard

Imma wait ‘til the first 4 are out.

which one is you

all of them, that’s my local high score list

all roles ascended

which one is you

all of them, that’s my local high score list

all roles ascended

oh jeez

congrats, damn

Cancel Me Elmo

actually i’m a huge nethack fan but i’ve only ever ascended a valk even though i’ve played it for over a decade. spent the first 8 years or so playing entirely unspoiled deliberately. i don’t recommend it lol

how would you rank the difficulty of each role? did you have a favorite role?

got any good stories from your ascensions?

what did your ascension kits look like, was there any real variation or did everyone end up like dual wielding artifact weapon and sword, heaviest armor, ring of free action, bag of holding, wands of digging, etc

Edited by Applebaps at 2019-10-09 16:36:022019-10-09 16:36
Cancel Me Elmo

yeah I kind of wish I hadn’t spoiled myself so quickly when I first started playing it like 14yrs ago, it really takes out a lot of the challenge when you know all the tricks and it’s just execution of the same kind of strategies every time, but the game still is fun regardless

difficulty wise I had the most trouble getting Tourists up and running, had many frustrating early deaths with them, they simply do not start with anything useful for surviving so a lot of it is luck of the draw with what you find. By about mid-game once you get MR, Reflection and Poison Res you’re about set so most roles tend to converge into the same old thing. Exact kit varies per class but I prefer getting reflection from SDSM, MR from Cloak, leaving amulet free for Life Saving, which leaves hands free for two-weaponing or using a two-hander Quest Artifact for flavour.

one good story that sticks out was my Caveman run, an early poly trap turned my pet into a Baby White Dragon, which I cared for until it grew into an Adult White Dragon, which helped me kill a few pesky shopkeepers and priests and otherwise acted as a tough bodyguard. Eventually I reached Medusa’s level, but had none of the usual convenient means of crossing the water. I did, however, have a ing of conflict, and a galaxy brain moment of genius. I’d use the ring to annoy my pet dragon and goad it into shooting it’s frost breath at me, freezing me a path across the level. It was a bit tedious in reality, but the mental image of this caveman dragging and yanking a bigass dragon by a leash, yelling and taunting while ninja-dodging blasts of frozen breath was too cool to not do.

my Archeologist had some ridic early game luck, which was good because they’re another weak starter. Looted $700 from a vault on dlvl2, got scale armour, cloak of invisibility, a nice shield, speed boots and a silver sabre from a dlvl3 shop, found gauntlets of power on immediately upon entering dlvl4, reach Minetown to find a magic marker, magic lamp, magic whistle, bag of holding and co-aligned altar, go a few floors down find a second magic lamp, wish for Grayswandir, check out a shop I had avoided due to sensing a large mimic, and find a 0:1 wand of wishing which bought me the Orb of Fate, cloak of magic resistance, SDSM. I was kitted out in totally awesome gear and I hadn’t even seen Mines End or Sokoban yet.

and then there was the time I found a +6 Dwarven Cloak in the early levels of the Mines. I never knew armour could be generated that highly enchanted o.o

Edited by iforgotnmyname at 2019-10-10 08:29:552019-10-10 08:29

did you have a favorite/least-favorite quest?

Cancel Me Elmo
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
1 person is reading this thread now.
Thread List | ↑ Top