Home | Zones | Log in | Register

what is the latest game youre playing

Nobody
 ⬇︎ 
First PageFirst | Previous PagePrev | Page 7 of /9 | Next PageNext | Last PageLast

a friend bought me Noita for my birthday so iโ€™m gonna play that tonight

my present to myself was Code Vein which is fun and chill so far

Cancel Me Elmo

in other non video games news, Iโ€™ve been busting my ass for quite a long time now to get stronger at Go, and Iโ€™m starting to be able to beat certain weaker AIs pretty consistently. I think Iโ€™m at about 15 kyu now, which means Iโ€™ve come a long way this year. I started 2019 at probably about 25 kyu.

its taken nearly constant study, working problems in downtime at work, playing on my go app when I get a spare moment, grinding out match experience and being active in my local club. itโ€™s really paying off and it feels great to see the results on the board

I play a lot of games but Go is my real passion. but Iโ€™ve played it and been garbage at it for too long. got serious about it this year finally

โง Edited by Applebaps at 2019-10-14 06:57:472019-10-14 06:57
Cancel Me Elmo

finished Ciconia the other day
very much enjoyed it

at first i thought it was kind of lame because of the emphasis on battle scenes and weird mecha vibes, but itโ€™s a true When They Cry story through and through with lots of intrigue and crazy foreshadowing

i picked up Umineko Saku in akihabara today (got a cool when they cry calendar too) so iโ€™m looking forward to reading the extra little story

bird on skateboard

Iโ€™m obsessively reading through the Ciconia threads on 4chan and itโ€™s kind of amazingโ€ฆ itโ€™s like weโ€™re basically back in the peak of the Umineko theorycrafting days of 2009, when nobody can spoil you on the answer because nobody actually knows what the fuckโ€™s going on in Ryukishiโ€™s head.

elite dangerous all day every day

i didn't learn nothin

wow classic โ†’ luigiโ€™s mansion 3 โ†’ dwarf fortress

luigiโ€™s mansion was a lot of fun
kind of burnt out on wow but i hit 60 no ragrets
df i havenโ€™t played in a while and itโ€™s fun seeing new stuff (bigass trees!)

df always owns, i like to come back and check it out every couple of years

i didn't learn nothin

bouncing between Night In The Woods and Monster Sanctuary, loving both

i just discovered Slay the Spire and itโ€™s fucking great

i always figured there was a core fun game inside the deckbuilder genre but iโ€™d never seen an example that wasnโ€™t a cancerous CCG with aggressive monetization shitting all over it

slay the spire proves that yes deckbuilding is fun and interesting

i didn't learn nothin

in other non video games news, Iโ€™ve been busting my ass for quite a long time now to get stronger at Go, and Iโ€™m starting to be able to beat certain weaker AIs pretty consistently. I think Iโ€™m at about 15 kyu now, which means Iโ€™ve come a long way this year. I started 2019 at probably about 25 kyu.

its taken nearly constant study, working problems in downtime at work, playing on my go app when I get a spare moment, grinding out match experience and being active in my local club. itโ€™s really paying off and it feels great to see the results on the board

I play a lot of games but Go is my real passion. but Iโ€™ve played it and been garbage at it for too long. got serious about it this year finally

Applebaps pwned me at go, I have no skill though. We gotta play again some time.

bouncing between Night In The Woods and Monster Sanctuary, loving both

I played through a bunch of Night in the Woods. It didnโ€™t feel very satisfying, it kind of just felt like a linear visual novel rather than an adventure game.

i just discovered Slay the Spire and itโ€™s fucking great

i always figured there was a core fun game inside the deckbuilder genre but iโ€™d never seen an example that wasnโ€™t a cancerous CCG with aggressive monetization shitting all over it

slay the spire proves that yes deckbuilding is fun and interesting

Thereโ€™s a difference between deckbuilding game genre vs building a TCG deck

โง Edited by A Talking Pokemon at 2019-12-24 21:26:072019-12-24 21:26

hqdefault.jpg
666873.jpg

shout outs to those who already knew

gao

final fantasy xii

trapped in the zohar

been revisiting old monster hunter titles, namely freedom unite on the psp and 4 ultimate on the 2ds

i have mixed feelings on 4u and feel like generations ultimate is way better. freedom unite still owns tho

also playing a lot of iceborne. feel like thatโ€™s been pretty great but i crave more classic mh

i didn't learn nothin

jumped back into Binding of Isaac for a bit, starting a new save file

starting to remember why I liked and disliked this game, itโ€™s fun as hell but I can feel the anger coming back at losses where I narrowly miss some goal and waste half an hour. Iโ€™ve already gone thru the stress of 100%ing this game, donโ€™t need to repeat it all over again.

fuck TBOI

(until the final expansion comes out)

man Iโ€™m very hype for repentance

i didn't learn nothin

i like isaac but i cant bring myself to grind for 100%

bird on skateboard

same. i feel like that takes a lot of the fun out

i didn't learn nothin

I wasnโ€™t aware of this untill I was looking some stuff up last night. Kinda hyped now.

i like isaac but i cant bring myself to grind for 100%

Itโ€™s a fucking challenge/grind yeah, Iโ€™m starting to remember some of the absolute bullshit this game expects you to do or throws your way. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve played a game that so clearly hates its players.

i 100%ed the original version (until they released a third expansion or something?) and ive never played it again

theres just so many times where you didnโ€™t get any damage powerups and everything just takes forever to kill its not about dodging anymore its about not being bored

โ›งtwinkleโ›งstarโ›งspritesโ›ง

I wasnโ€™t aware of this untill I was looking some stuff up last night. Kinda hyped now.

yeah, a canon port of antibirth? sign me the heck up

i didn't learn nothin

i 100%ed the original version (until they released a third expansion or something?) and ive never played it again

theres just so many times where you didnโ€™t get any damage powerups and everything just takes forever to kill its not about dodging anymore its about not being bored

yeah, rebirth had some serious power curve issues that itโ€™s taken literally all of afterbirth and afterbirth+โ€™s extra patches to correct

the game is in a pretty good place atm with all expacs fwiw but it still sucks to get locked out of treasure rooms or to get to It Lives and realize you just donโ€™t have the power to go beyond that without it taking 3 hours

i didn't learn nothin

thatโ€™s just what happens when youโ€™re the first game in your genre and donโ€™t have the benefit of being able to look at other games to learn what not to do i guess

it could be a lot worse, too. it could be Enter the Gungeon lmao. like 80% of the guns in that game are utter shit. at least in isaac the bad picks only amount to like 10-15% of the item pool at this point

โง Edited by Applebaps at 2020-02-08 17:48:302020-02-08 17:48
i didn't learn nothin

lately ive been playing Sabanโ€™s Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid

and by playing I mean just figuring out combos in training mode

one of these days iโ€™ll go online

I beat arcade mode without losing a character, so I wonโ€™t get clowned on super hard I hope

edit: i didnt say what it is, its a 3v3 vs-style fighter with simplified inputs

not quite as crazy as a mvc, no flying characters yet and only one person can airdash but you still got ridiculous offense and combos

โง Edited by meepches and pentell at 2020-02-09 00:08:532020-02-09 00:08

which ranger do you main

my team is โ€œDoggieโ€ Cruger, Udonna and Dai Shi

gettin back into my old-ass rpgs, playing ToME and etrian odyssey 3

i didn't learn nothin

just finished dragon quest 11

gao

Iโ€™ve been playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance for the past two weeks and I fuckin love it

itโ€™s a great feeling to have a game that I look forward to playing every day now

itโ€™s been literal years and years since Iโ€™ve had this. I was playing Factorio a few weeks ago but it was alright. Still sort of enjoy it but Iโ€™m way too into Kingdom Come right now

MONSTER HUNTER GENERATIONS ULTIMATE

Picked up Slay the Spire and gotten semi-addicted.

Up to A15 Ironclad, A4 Silent, A16 Defect and A2 Watcher. Kinda hitting a wall though, itโ€™s been difficult to get runs off the ground, I keep running out of steam mid Act 2.

1589827371415.gif

helltakers is cool

gao

pand_idle.png

gao

1590685569147.jpg

is this renu

gao

she looks very drippy

she is horny all the time

1589924928181.jpg

gao

still playibg ffxii zodiac and ACNH

trapped in the zohar

got kinda burnt out on animal crossing
playing pso2 now

bird on skateboard

playing pso2 now

same and same
what ship are you on? pm if you want

i didn't learn nothin

playing pso2 now

same and same
what ship are you on? pm if you want

ship 1 hbu

bird on skateboard

rip

i didn't learn nothin

seems like too many people are on 2 lolz

bird on skateboard

thatโ€™s where the goons are

i didn't learn nothin

yeah itโ€™s where everyone is
iโ€™m ok with being on the smaller server tho itโ€™s chill

bird on skateboard

yeah i think itโ€™d probably be pretty nice to be able to walk around in lobbies without having to go through the fire and frames lol

i didn't learn nothin

A few months ago, I read this article:
https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/03/13/dungeons-dragons-session-became-real-life-phenomenon

Yesterday I finally tried out a branch of that, the Japan-only SNES game โ€œRecord of Lodoss Warโ€ for 3 hours, but because emulation, I failed to properly save it, so I lost my progress (I since solved and can remedy in future). Iโ€™m not sure if Iโ€™ll start it up again, but Iโ€™ll share my impressions.

Going into this game knowing that it was originally inspired by a Japanese ttrpg group helped a lot. Given the generic nature of it, I otherwise would probably have passed it off as just-another-jrpg. If somebody ran a ttrpg of it, I think I would be compelled to roleplay in the world presented. The lore is laid out right away and seems manageable, generic fantasy flavour, with roles and stories you could slip into. I only played through the first little bit, where you start off as a single character. More than once, it seems like you are KOโ€™d intentionally and your spirit moves to a new body which is a really cool idea. Thatโ€™s scripted though, so you donโ€™t get to choose. At first youโ€™re a legendary warrior, then a lowly thief, then an OP wizard. There is talking, wandering and retreading using new info/equipment. Based on chracter art Iโ€™ve seen, I think this is only during the intro, and future charactes are probably static. The thing that stood out most for me is the linear nature of the game. I had zero chance for exploration. Also bothered me that I couldnโ€™t investigate barrels or shelves or things on a table, etc. The world feels more dead to me if I can only interact with NPCs. If I play more, itโ€™ll be because I want to play beyond what might be the intro section, and finally have more party members and agency. If this is just an intro section, I think itโ€™s a really cool way to start off the game; ease you in, instead of managing several characters from the outset, kind of like DQ4 or Live a Live. Something I also like about the game is the battle system. It feels a lot more dynamic and interesting compared to Final Fantasy. You have an isometric (this might not be the right term. not side on, not first person, but turned 45ยบ) grid of 3 or 4 by 4 or 5, so a rectangle. You have a move action, then an action-action. If you want to escape, move off the board. Magic can be cast across the field, melee is next-to (obviously). A battle feels more pressing in this game, since distance and spacing matters when you have an enemy - or multiple enemies! - upon you in a turn or few. Iโ€™d like to learn how battle are late in the game. In other RPGs, itโ€™s navigating the turn-based structure and juggling multiple abstract effects, but this game might be more like tactical D&D grid combat.

Oh yeah. The music is generic and reptitive but fine. The art is not bad and standard SNES RPG, with nice anime portraits for party dialogue. Just navigating the UI, I love seeing an RPG not made by Square of Enix. There is a persistent frame throughout the entire game, like Super Game Boy except stylized like a fancy picture frame. If I play more, maybe Iโ€™ll check out the anime.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2155/

Can you guys suggest any other Japan-only fan-translated games?

โง Edited by A Talking Pokemon at 2020-06-03 13:47:202020-06-03 13:47

I have a group of 3 other friends Iโ€™ve been playing GTAV with since covid started. We started Borderlands 3 about 2 weeks ago. And itโ€™s been awesome

Gay shit guy

Gunfire Reborn

Early access roguelite looter-shooter with cute furry characters

Pretty fun so far, I can see some potential here

Look at this adorable mf you play as
20200619175346_1.jpg

โง Edited by iforgotnmyname at 2020-06-19 05:54:592020-06-19 05:54

also I just unlocked the badass Gunzerker Rasta Dogoo

20200619220656_1.jpg

โง Edited by iforgotnmyname at 2020-06-19 10:08:132020-06-19 10:08
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
1 person is reading this thread now.
โ† Thread List | โ†‘ Top